- Green light on green tea! At the American Association for Cancer Research conference it was reported that green tea may be beneficial for those with prostate cancer. Men assigned to 6 cups of green tea per day prior to surgery had lower levels of the inflammatory marker nuclear factor kappa B and lower levels of prostate-specific antigen.
- Insulin resistance in the brain caused by overeating may promote type 2 diabetes. When rats (and humans – implied) overeat it causes their brain to be less sensitive to the effects of insulin. Insulin inhibits the breakdown of fat tissue. This is important because when fat tissue breaks down, it releases fats into the bloodstream and can increase inflammation and blood glucose levels; thereby, increasing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Plant-based diets are associated with a reduced risk of chronic diseases.
- Leslie Beck exposes Christie Vegetables Thins. Don’t ever be fooled by the name, read the nutrition facts panel.
- Check out the quick review of the key points regarding food intake and brain function from annual meeting of the Society of Neuroscience.