- Could that morning cup (or 4) of coffee be the key to reducing risk of type 2 diabetes?
- Parsnips get some attention. Do you have a favourite veggie that is often neglected and unloved? Please share in the comments.
- Health experts express their outrage as celeb “chef” Paula Deen continues to promote unhealthy food (deep fried cheesecake anyone?) in spite of having type 2 diabetes for THREE YEARS. For more opinions check out Marion Nestle; Yoni Freedhoff; and Andy Bellatti.
- Fatty livers actually burn more fat, not less… but this isn’t a good thing. All of this extra work can promote liver damage and rising rates of non-alcoholic fatty liver are likely linked with recent increases in liver cancer incidence.
- Ignorance is bliss? 25% of women may not recognize weight gain of 5 – 8 lbs over a 6 month time period.
- More evidence to support the importance of adequate sleep for appetite regulation, metabolic rate and risk of weight gain.