- Canadian doctors may deny IVF to those with a BMI of over 35. Discriminatory action or best practice to protect the health of an at-risk group? (Globe and Mail)
- If a spoonful of sugar helps… what about 26 tsp? Considering 1 can of pop contains ~ 10 tsp of sugar, I suspect 26 tsp is a “conservative” estimate of average intake in Canada (CBC News)
- No brainer! Low blood sugar and high cortisol stimulate reward centres in the brain and may limit food-related impulse control (Science Daily)
- Accepting sponsorship dollars from food products you have to defend because of their nutritional “quality” – sending mixed messages to families and sponsors alike (Weighty Matters)
- United Nations high-level meeting on noncommunicable disease prevention and control summit this week.